Pingdom (a service that monitors website uptime and performance) released new stats today, Twitter saw an all-time high of more than 1.2 billion tweets in January.
Here are some more interesting observations:
- December 2009 was the first month Twitter processed more than one billion tweets (with 1.036 billion tweets).
- January 2010 had 16 times as many tweets as January 2009.
- The activity on Twitter has doubled since August 2009.
- January 2010 saw more tweets per day (39.5 million) than the whole of September 2008.
The information coming from Pingdom provides another indicator that the activity/behavior of tweeting/status updating is still on the rise.
Hat tip to Mashable and Adam Ostrow for finding these stats.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Pingdom Adds Twitter Support, Web Hosts Beware (blogherald.com)